2824 Rogers Rd, Suite 200
Wake Forest, NC 27587
- Wear your retainer nightly unless otherwise instructed. Always remember, night time for a lifetime to ensure no shifting.
- Never eat while wearing your retainer. Always remove your retainer before eating or snacking, and always put it back in its case.
- Clean the retainer thoroughly once a day by brushing with your toothbrush and toothpaste. Use cool water not hot water. Brushing retainers removes the plaque, and eliminates odors. Retainer Brite or other orthodontic appliance cleaners can be used but do not take the place of brushing.
- When your retainer is not in your mouth, it should ALWAYS be in its case. Pets love to chew on them.
- Initially, you may find it difficult to speak. Practice speaking, reading, or singing out loud to get used to it faster.
- Retainers are breakable, so treat yours with care. If your retainer gets lost or broken, call us immediately.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your retainer, or you believe it needs adjusting, call us. Do not try to adjust it yourself.
- Always bring your retainer to your appointments.
- Retainer replacements are expensive, but with proper care they will last for years!
- Keep retainers away from hot water, hot car dashboards, pockets, the washing machine, and napkins to avoid damage or loss.
Call us at (919) 453-6325 for a tour of our newly remodeled office!